Articulated (2+2) Agreements with Universities

Students graduating from the College with an Associate in Science, Associated in Applied Science or related coursework in areas listed below may transfer designated courses and continue their education to complete a Bachelor’s Degree. The 2+2 program is designed to assist the College graduates with program options that provide credit equivalency in mutually agreed upon curriculums:

  • University of Alabama:  Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts and Event Planning
  • University of South Alabama:  Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts and Evening Planning
  • Troy University:  Surveying and Geomatics
  • Huntingdon College:  Business Administration Criminal Justice 

STARS Guides for all of our students who plan on transferring in any program to an Alabama university:

STARS stands for Statewide Transfer & Articulation Reporting System.  For more information about STARS, 
please visit the STARS website.

Why visit STARS?  STARS is the state-wide articulation agreement between the two-year colleges and public four-year institutions in Alabama that ensures the transferability of your courses to public universities in the State of Alabama. 

How do you reach STARS?  Click “Student Login" at the top of the College website.   Click on “STARS.” 

What do you do once you have reached STARS?  Select the Student & Advisors STARS Website button. Follow the instructions for viewing and printing your Transfer Guide. Fill out the information and check the requirements for you major at your university. Don’t forget to fill out and sign the Area V page from the university of your choice. 

Why should you check out STARS?  You can print a copy of the contract between you and the university that is a guarantee of credit acceptance. All Alabama public universities have STARS agreements with the College.  Many private universities have also developed transfer guides to further assist students. 

Who should check out STARS?  Anyone who plans to transfer to a university in the State of Alabama. 

How often should you check STARS?  As often as you like, as often as you change your major, and/or as often as you change your mind as to where you wish to transfer. 

What do you do after STARS?  Keep the copy of every contract for every university in which you are interested. 

What about when you get to your university?  Check with your STARS advisor there.  Every university has a STARS or transfer advisor.